Tournament Game Rules:
1. Game times: Drop Dead 1 hour 25 minutes.
2. Drop Dead Rule: If time expires before the inning is completed, the game is over immediately.
The score will revert to the last complete inning, unless the home team is up to bat, and ahead in the score.
3. After 7 innings, and score is tied, go to the international tie breaker if time permits.
4. Extended Play:
If 7 innings have been played, and winner has been decided, and there is still
significant time on the clock, teams may continue to play until time is up. The
official final score that will be recorded is that of the 7 complete innings of play.
The umpire will determine the significance of the remaining time."Significant time"
means 10-15 minutes or more.
4.1 Adding Players to your Roster: Open Roster
5. Courtesy runners for pitchers and catchers are per the ASA code or the last batted out
if your bench is short.
6. You may bat 11 in the line-up.
7. Free defensive substitutions are permitted.
8. Teams should be at field 30 minutes before game time, so games can start on time.
9. A coin flip before each game will determine Home Team.
10. Only Head Coach or designee may communicate with umpire. All disputes must be
handled on the field.
11. Protests: This is a non-protestable tournament. The home plate umpire will settle rule
disagreements at the time. Please don't argue. Remember the spirit of the
12. Forfeits: Forfeits should be avoided at all costs.
A. If you are short a player (due to injury or other unforeseen circumstances) and
need one to keep you from forfeiting, please contact Tournament Director
immediately. Temporary replacement players may be available, but we do need
some notice. To avoid a forfeit, you will be allowed to borrow a player
from another team.Forfeits benefit neither team since the objective of the
tournament is for the girls to be seen on the field by the college coaches!!!
13. Weather Contingencies:
In case of uncontrollable circumstances or interruptions due to weather, the
Tournament Director reserves the right to alter the tournament format in any way
necessary to reach a conclusion. This can include, but may not be limited to,
shorten game times, fewer games guaranteed, or playing rule changes. Games
interrupted might not be resumed. Everything possible will be done to get the
players on the field as soon as possible.
REFUND POLICY –
1. Condition A: Heavy rains for several days before tournament that causes the entire
tournament to be cancelled will result in a 25% Refund.
2. Condition B: Rain during tournament, once games have begun, every attempt will be
made to play, once a team has played a game or part of, there will be no refund.
3. Condition C: Teams that pull out of tournament after being accepted- NO REFUND.
ANY QUESTIONS DURING TOURNAMENT CONTACT:
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR DAVE LOTTI (401-374-4934) or BOB ROSSI (401-529-9331)